Entry fee is R500 per team.
All entry & indemnity forms to be submitted and entry fees to be paid by no later than 17 April 2023. Payments can be made at the Winter Festival Office or via EFT Payment.
ABSA BANK BRANCH CODE: 632005 ACCOUNT NR: 1090157422
REFERENCE: Potjiekos & Team Name
Proof of payment, Entry Form and indemnity form to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**** Starter or Desert, Potjie, Potbread Challenge*****
Starter of your choice but the potjie, pot bread and dessert must be made on the fire/gas!
Your entry form and proof of payment must be supplied upon entry at the Motor Gate Entrance. Two entry tickets and One Vehicle Permit will be supplied per team.
For bookings & Enquiries please contact: Andrea Fourie – 069 558 7777 / Elmar Gouws – 082 324 6325 / Jakkie de Bruin – 068 541 1779
Indemnity Form & Rules
- Please note that competitors must be over 18 years of age to take part in this competition.
- Each team will receive a stand / stall of at least 3m by 3m. Bring own gazebo.
- All Teams are required to supply their own equipment (braais / gas stove, wood, charcoal, firelighters, pot, bread pot, cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, tables, chairs , gazebos and other decor items) as well as their own ingredients for the potjiekos.
- Team members are permitted to use alcohol responsibly in their allocated stand / stall. No alcohol may be given to any minors under any circumstances. This is a family friendly event. Please note that the potjie kos will be on the main arena next to the Bar area.
- A team consist of 2 members. No aditional assistance will be permitted.
- A briefing will take place with the team captains before the event. This will be a general briefing on the format of the competition and the judging procedure will be provided to the team captains. The captain needs to be present during the briefing session.
- All necessary ingredients must be supplied by the teams.
- Competitors must ensure that food does not spoil in the sun.
- Meat may not be marinated or pre-cooked.
- Safety precautions! It is important that participants take caution in the event of a fire. A bucket of sand or fire extinguisher is a must.
- The stalls may be set up on the day of the competition from 10:30
- A specific stand / stall for stall will be allocated by the organisers of the event. The stall allocated must be accepted.
- Banners and Advertising Boards may be displayed.
- No vehicles will be permitted at the stalls after 11:45. Vehicles may be parked at the exhibitors parking area.
- All stalls must be broken down and removed from the premises by 19:00 on the day.
- Judging panel will consist of 2 – 4 independent judges. Please ensure that you prepare accordingly.
- The winners will be determined by the most points on the board and the judges decision will be final.
- Competitors are not permitted to use other people to prepare food.
- The teams will be judged on the following categories: Starter or Desert, Main Pot, Pot Bread, stall and team spirit.
- Disregarding the following conditions will lead to disqualification:
- When a competitor swears a judge, uses foul language or refuses to accept the judges decision.
- When behaviour is not acceptable towards the public.
- When ingredients are prepared prior to the commencement of the competition is used.
- When competitors do not adhere to the rules and regulations stipulated above.
- Unnecessary use of Fire Extinguishers.
- Points will be deducted for the competitors who make fires in a selfish manner.
We hereby indemnify the organisers, committee, judges
and sponsors of any injury, loss or death incurred while
associated with the event. We accept the Rules &
Regulations of the competition and will adhere to them at
all times to avoid disqualification. We accept the judges’
decision as final.
Team Captain Signature Date