Are you the next braai master of Newcastle ?Get your team together and test your skills against the best of the best at the winter festival on 1 May 2020. You will have to prepare a Main course,Side dish,Braai broodjie,salad,Starter and desert all on the braai. There will be great prizes for each dish and a overall winner and the title of Newcastle’s Braai master. Entries are R400 per team of 4 .
Entry fee R400
Entry fees to be paid by no later than 15 April 2020
ABSA BANK BRANCH CODE: 334324
ACCOUNT NR: 1090157422
Proof of payment sent to :firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref your team name.
RULES AND REGULATIONS: GENERAL
- Please note that competitors must be over 18 years of age to take part in this competition.
- Each team will receive a 3m by 3m space. Each team will be responsible for their own braai stand or Webber, ingredients, Crockery and Cutlery, Gazebo, Umbrellas to take part. Wood, Firelighters, Charcoal is also the responsibility of the team. No open fires may be made on the premises.
- Team members are allowed to use alcohol responsibly in their allocated area. A cash bar will be available. No alcohol may be given to any minors under any circumstances. This is a family friendly event.
RULES AND REGULATIONS: BRAAI COMPETITION
- Briefing will take place before the event with the Captains of the teams on the date and the venue given in due time by the organizers of the event. A general briefing on the format of the competition and judging procedure will be given to the Captain of each team.
- The Captain needs to be present during the briefing session.
ENTRY FEE AND ADMISSION
- Entry fee is R400.00 per Team and payable on or before 15/04/2020 either at the Winter Festival Office or EFT payment as per Bank Details above.
- No Entry will be accepted without entry fee.
- 4 Entry tickets and one Vehicle Permit will be given per Te4am and will be given to the Team Captain during briefing sessions.
- The stalls may be set up on 01/05/2020 from 07:00 – 09:00am or on the day of the competition from 07:00am by competitors.
- Specific area for stall will be given on first come first serve basis.
- The specific area that’s given must be accepted.
- Banners and Advertising Boards may be displayed.
- No vehicles will be allowed from 08:00 at the stalls. Vehicles must be parked at the exhibitors parking area. Vehicles not removed may lead to points being deducted.
- All stalls must be broken down and removed from the premises by 15:00.
- A team will consist of 4 members, Captain plus 3 members. Each member of the team will prepare a dish except the Captain.
- No additional help will be allowed.
- All dishes entered for the competition must be prepared of the fire/braai.
- 09:00 – 10:00 Starter and Braai Broodtjie
- 10:00 – 10:30 Judging
- 10:30 – 12:00 Main & salad & side
- 12:00 – 13:00 Judging
- 13:00 – 13:30 Dessert
- 13:30 – 14:00 Judging
- 14: 30 Prize giving
- No gas braais are allowed.
- All necessary ingredients must be supplied by the teams
- Competitors must ensure that food does not go off in the sun. Meat may not be marinated before the time.
- Safety precautions: It is important that participants take caution in the event of a fire. A bucket of sand is sufficient or a fire extinguisher.
- Judging panel will consist of 2-4 independent judges.
- Score out of 10 from each judge, Overall score on each dish will be out of 30.
- Each Dish score will make up a total score of the Braai Master.
- The overall winner will be determined by the most points on the scorecards and the Judges’ decision will be final.
- Prizes will also be given for the best dish in the different categories.
- TEAMS CAN DRESS ACCORDING TO A THEME.
- Competitors are not allowed to use other people to prepare food.
- Disregarding the rules will lead to disqualification.
Disregarding the following conditions will lead to disqualification
- When a competitor swears at a judge, uses foul language or refuses to accept the judge decision.
- When behaviour is not acceptable towards the public.
- When ingredients that is prepared beforehand is used.
- When a participant does not adhere to organiser’s request.
- When a participant does not adhere to rules and regulations of the competition.
- Unnecessary use of Fire Extinguishers may lead to a fine or disqualification.
We hereby indemnify the organisers, committee, judges
and sponsors of any injury, loss or death incurred while
associated with the event. We accept the Rules &
Regulations of the competition and will adhere to them at
all times to avoid disqualification. We accept the judges’
decision as final.